If your project fits the general criteria of the Iona Stichting you can send us a request for support. We appreciate heart felt applications with a clear motivation.
Please read this carefully before you apply. It is important that you know which information is required. We want to make you attentive to the fact that the project description you are requested to enclose is of vital importance.
when to apply
The complete application should have reached us at least 14 days before the next board meeting. We do not take applications into consideration when the project has already started or taken place.
each application is different
Each request for support is different and deserves our carefull consideration. It can happen that a project on our list with donations seems similar to your initiative. However, no rights can be derived from this.
We do not take pre-applications into consideration. If you are in doubt whether your project fits our criteria, please contact our office.
what we do not support
Although the board appreciates to receive heart felt and well motivated applications, we do not support the following subjects:
- projects that have already started or taken place
- building costs and the purchase of land
- book publications
- holliday camps
- company tours outside the Netherlands
- patient support groups
- individual support
- settlement of debts
- professional performing arts
- films and documentaries
- social projects that do not have an anthroposophical background
How to apply
You can make an application via our online system.
Please read our manual before you start the process.
If you have applied before: we only take your current application into consideration after we have received an evaluation report of your previous project!
There are at least two required documents.
1. Project description
The most essential document of your request. This is the place to personalize your application. You may have already given some of the required information, but please make sure to pay attention to the following:
- maximum size: 4 x A4
- name and short project description
- target audience
- organization and cooperation partners
- ideal behind the project
- who will benefit?
- who will execute the project?
- what will your approach be?
- duration of the project
- according to you: when will the project be success?
2. Estimation of the costs with financial scheme
- a detailed overview of the costs in Euros
- the expected income and your own contribution
- did you request and/or receive financial help from other sources?
- for what amount do you apply?
3. When you apply on behalf of a foundation: please add the statute and the latest financial annual report.
To give us insight in the progress of the projects we have supported and to see what is the best way for our foundation to assist our applicants we ask you to send us an evaluation report. This should reach us no longer than three months after the project is finished an should be done online on your project page.
Concerning long term projects: we require a half-yearly evaluation report.
We are interested in the personal story behind your project. However, we do have certain directions for your evaluation report which you can find if you log in on your project page.
We will only consider new applications after we have received an evaluation report of the former one.
Only complete applications that have reached the office at least 14 days before the date of a board meeting can be put on the agenda.
- 12 January
- 11 February
- 4 March
- 30 March
Annual meeting: 15 September (with reservation)
- 28 April
- 25 May
- 8 September
- 5 October
- 2 November
- 15 December