For the student the choice for a vocational training is an important and very personal initiative. Often it means the start of a new life. Our donors realize that education at certain training institutes is not financed by the government and that therefore some help is necessary.
From our fund Education & Development we can support students with an interest free loan to finance (part of) the school fee.
For practical reasons we only support educational institutes in Europe with whom we are associated.
training institutes we support
- Academie Antroposofische Gezondheidszorg, Zeist
- Emerald Foundation, The Hague
- Hogeschool Leiden: dance/eurythmy
- Hogeschool Leiden: social creative therapy
- Hogeschool Leiden: music
- Hogeschool Leiden: waldorf school education Pabo
- Warmonderhof, Dronten
- Vrije Hogeschool, Zeist
- Priesterseminar Hamburg der Christengemeinschaft, Hamburg
- Freie Hochschule der Christengemeinschaft, Stuttgart
- Schule für Eurythmische Art und Kunst, Berlin
- Eurythmeum Stuttgart, Stuttgart
- Alanus Hochschule, Alfter
- Freie Hochschule Stuttgart
- Institut für Waldorf Pädagogik, Witten-Annen
Our criteria for interest free study loans:
- you are not older than 35 years
- the training institute is mentioned in the list above
- you are at least in your second year (we consider the first year as a probationary year)
- the academic year has not started (apply 3 months before)
- this is your first vocational training
refunding of the interest free loan
The Iona Stichting advises you to consider entering a loan carefully. Please be aware of the following conditions:
- the loan will be confirmed with a contract
- repayments start three months after the education has ended
- the monthly amount of the reimbursement will be at least €100
Please note: our fund Education & Development, from which we grant the study loans, is dependable on the reimbursement of former students. If you do not meet with our conditions for monthly repayments you deprive other students from our support.
Application step by step
You have to fill out our questionnaire and will be asked to attach the following documents:
- your personal motivation
- an official proof of registration from the training institute
- a reference from someone who knows you well and who believes in your choice
- a confirmation of the school administration that they have done research about local funding and that all efforts have been made to help you find the necessary means for your education
- a copy of your passport
Your application will be dealt with in the board meeting. In case of a positive decision, the funds will be transferred to the institute.
We require an evaluation at the end of each academic year. For the student this is a moment of reflection and, of course, we are interested in your personal findings. We offer you the following guidelines:
- how do you look back on the past year?
- what went well and what can be improved?
- was your financial situation adequate?
Only complete applications that have reached the office at least 14 days before the date of a board meeting can be put on the agenda.
Board Meetings 2018
- 9 January
- 13 February
- 13 March
- 10 April
- 15 May
- 12 June
- 11 July
- 11 September
- 2 October
- 6 November
- 12 December
Board meeting 2019
- 8 January
- 14 February
- 12 March
- 10 April
- 14 May
- 11 June
- 3 September
- 1 October
- 5 November
- 9 December